Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'm Still Here!

Yes, I am still alive and kicking. The interwebs here are being pretty lame, though, so I have mostly been reading a book. I've been told by pretty much everyone not to go out unless I've got a male chaperone, so I haven't been doing much going out until Dad is back at night, and then we can go explore. 

Sadly, no pictures this time. I am just glad that I'm able to finally post something! 

Last night I had my first obstacle of sorts - an entire shrimp. Most people know how I feel about eating stuff that's looking at me. I just couldn't do it. Like, it had eyes and brains and skin and legs and veins and things, and that was all good and dandy, but it was LOOKING at me! I couldn't eat it and as a result was hungry. But that's ok. 

Other than that, not a lot has been going on. Last night, Dad and I went to the Central Market again, and got a lot of stuff for everyone and also ourselves. That was pretty fun. Tonight we're eating dinner with a Russian (!! excitement), and then this weekend we are planning to head out of the city a little bit and see what's around us. Sometime next week we're also thinking about eating at the KL tower, which is similar to the Space Needle in Seattle. If we go, I'll definitely have some pictures to post of it. 

It's still pretty awesome here. It's been so hot I haven't felt like doing a whole lot of anything, really. It's kind of hard to describe just HOW humid it is (and this is coming from an Alabama-raised girl). Nonetheless, it's still pretty out here, and at night it's not as bad, because A) there is no sun and B) the wind is blowing a little bit. Hopefully there will be pictures all around soon!

FYI: I am old enough to drink here. I love Malaysia!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I sure couldn't eat dinner that was staring back at me. Hopefully, there were other dinner choices for you. I can't wait to see what wares the Central Market has bestowed upon you.

That's great that you get to have dinner with a Russian. You get to practice. That is great preparation for your final.

Everyone was asking about you and your Dad and said to say hello and take lots of pictures! Several have enjoyed reading your blog. We miss you!

Love,
Mom & Zack

Becky said...

Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't eat food staring back at me. If all of my food came like that, I'd be a vegetarian, pronto.

Also, there is like a million Russians here, it's crazy. I was just with one in the elevator. I like knowing what they are saying; i don't like not knowing how to respond back.

When I get back to the States there will be a ridiculous amount of pictures!! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

oh man...so i'm in the cant eat dinner staring back at me club...no way jose! And have fun with the russian! AND venturing beyond the city, that will probably be fun!

I survived day one of picture extravaganza! I didnt think I would. I took something like 1000 pictures today, and i've gone through and color boosted them all. I'm not gonna full edit until i can get home with photoshop, but i got some awesome pictures! i'll post one really good one on my blog later,

I MISS YOU
and cant wait to see pictures
(and cant wait to show you mine!)

<3 megan

Heather said...

You sounds like you are having TOO.MUCH.FUN. I wanna see a foreign country dammit!But, I forgive you, because I love you.And, I totally know how much it sh-sucks to try and eat things with eyes.:(

Anyways, I can't wait to see you!!

Margo said...

Hi Rebekah, this is sister Margo Flood, I just showed Gene the pictures of you and Frank and the monkeys, we got a good laugh at seeing all those monkeys..all around and on you..& your dad.. we thought oh no! we could never do that.. Was you all scared, and where did you go to a zoo? Surely you don't see them all around the city like that! I like looking at your pictures and reading your comments about the hole in the ground and NO TP, oh no, I am with you there.. carry them napkins, hehe.. how long will you all be gone? Missing you guys, but have a safe and happy trip. I'll check you later..Agape, Margo